Consulting (And So Much More)
Please note... EthicallyMAD does not work with anyone. Your business must be actively working to reduce its social and environmental footprint, (or at least want to). Products or services that actively work towards making the world a better place are of particular interest to us.
Casual Skype based consulting rates are $495/hour. However below are a range of packages that are at a discounted rate.
If you cannot afford our services, but want to work together, then click here to see if you qualify to apply for our partnership program.
Package 1: MAD Growth Hacking
Get a custom designed marketing and growth plan to suit your unique business. As every business is different, and there is no one set of strategies that work for all, we will craft one based on what yours offers, its size, its goals, and of course, its budget.
- Identify and refine your core mission and marketing message. This is your why. With clear purpose you will not only become more motivated yourself, but you will also engage staff, inspire others to work with or for you, and enhance the desire of prospects to become your customers. With the right message, all your other marketing efforts become far more effective - paid ads, affiliate marketing, press releases, content marketing, social media, etc..
- List building plan. It has often been said "the money is in the list", and this is certainly true of a well built list. Yet many businesses fail to capture or nurture leads, and those that do rarely do it well. With a clear plan you will know how to capture, segment, and make the most of your list. (With a good list you can better release new products and services, create cash injections, get valuable feedback, make evergreen sales on autopilot, get more referrals, test ideas, and of course, spread your message.)
- Identify key marketing strategies. There are many ways to market your business, but you can't (and shouldn't) use them all. Depending on your budget, team size, business type, experience, competitors strategies, growth objectives etc, some marketing strategies will be better suited to you than others. Most marketing agencies have a "we have a hammer, so every problem is a nail" approach. We understand the pros and cons of each, but are unbiased, nor blinded by the latest fad. Many businesses should be using social media - many should not (at least, not yet). Facebook advertising may be right for you - but chances are it's not. Get clear where to put your time and money to get the maximum results, (and avoid a lot of disappointment).
- Identify growth constraints and opportunities. Every business has areas that are restricting the speed of growth., and all have areas that provide opportunities for optimal growth. We will identify the systems in your business (online or offline) that, if resolved, would allow you to grow your business faster (and usually at less cost).
- Freedom plan. As a business owner, if you want your business to last (even if something happens to you), for it to attain maximum value, or even for you to be able to take time out for holidays, then you will need to make your baby independent of yourself. We will identify key areas of weakness, and strategies to free yourself, automate more of your business, and optimize for the future.
- Profit plan. There are only 3 ways to increase profit in a business. Reduce costs, increase the number of sales, or increase the average value of each transaction. Many of the list building and marketing strategies identified above will help you achieve these objectives, but we will also help you identify other areas to increase your profits based on multitude of ways you can achieve these three ways. This includes identifying ways you may be able to reduce costs (without compromising quality), and increasing conversions, improving your sales processes, and identifying other revenue opportunities.
- Suggestions for social and environmental sustainability. We would not be EthicallyMAD if we did not share our observations for reducing your negative social and environmental impact, or identifying areas you could make a positive difference. Many of these ideas will actually reduce your costs too, or make your business more profitable in the long term. They can also help increase your 'green credentials', which can be used to enhance your marketing efforts (as well as making you, your team, and your customers, feel better about your business).
Time to complete: 4 weeks
Package 2: MAD Email Marketing
According to the American Marketing Association, email marketing is the marketing methods that gives the biggest return on investment by a long margin. (Approximately $40 for every $1 spent, compared to the next best, SEO, at $22 for every $1 spent). Yet despite this, the majority of business fail to scrape the surface of emails potential, and most marketing agencies fail to truly grasp email marketing.
We have had experience not only running many successful email campaigns for ourselves and for others, but also built email marketing platforms. This gives a unique understanding of emails possibilities, and how to get the most from it.
Having solid email marketing in place will compound the results of everything else you do. Every piece of advertising, every bit of PR, every visitor to your site - the results from all your hard work are dramatically improved thanks to email. This should be one of the first things you do in your business, and it is worth reviewing and updating every few months, or as your business grows.
- List building plan. It has often been said the money is in the list, and this is certainly true of a well built list. Yet many businesses fail to capture or nurture leads, and those that do rarely do it well. With a clear plan you will know how to capture, segment, and make the most of your list. (With a good list you can increase effectiveness of releasing new products and services, create cash injections, get valuable feedback, make evergreen sales on autopilot, get more referrals, test ideas, and of course, spread your message.)
- Lead capture setup. We will not only design a variety of ways (tailored specifically to your business), but we will also do all of the design and technical setup for you, as well as configure and integrate your autoresponder.
- Your automated ATM. An autoresponder (a sequence of automated emails) has the power to generate automated sales. To be effective however, it needs to be designed and written well. We will not only map out the strategy and the email sequence, but write it for you. Your sequences will establish trust, build relationships, and make sales, all while you sleep. One especially effective strategy we use gives a massive boost to conversions, and the best part - you don't need to do anything other than fulfil the orders.
- Trigger mail. Autoresponders are important, but equally (if not more) powerful are specific email, or short sequences of email, that are triggered by user actions (such as visiting a page on your site, adding a product to the shopping cart but then not buying, or using a certain function in your app). By targeting prospects at the precise time they demonstrate a particular interest, you can dramatically increase sales. Again, we will not only identify these key opportunities in your business, but write and set up your trigger email for you.
- Get referrals. One of the most underutilised benefits of email marketing is its ability to generate referrals on autopilot. Referrals are widely regarded as one of the best types of lead in almost every business. They are targeted, come with an endorsement, and are usually free. Using the strategies we will integrate into your email marketing campaign, you will start growing your business for pennies on the dollar.
- Email blast strategies. Many businesses send an e-newsletter, and occasional promotions. But actually these are rarely done well, and there is no 'one solution fits all' approach. This is why at EthicallyMAD we take the time to understand your business and your customers, to come up with a set of optimized strategies for you to get the absolute most from your list (and without harming it).
- Increase deliverability. You can send email all day long, but if they end up in the spam folder you will just be wasting your time. The email platforms you choose to use, the email addresses you send from, the speed at which you send, the content of your emails, along with your open rates can all make a difference as to the percentage of email that makes it to your subscribers inbox (and therefore the amount of money you make). We will go through everything with a fine tooth comb and ensure your email marketing systems are optimized for maximum results.
- Sustainably optimized. Email marketing is one of the most eco-friendly forms of marketing, but it still comes at a cost. Each email requires energy to send, and energy to read. Therefore campaigns should be optimized to reduce sending more emails than is needed. The good news, when done correctly, this actually increases results too. We will ensure you get the best results in your business, while minimizing its footprint.
Time to complete: 4 weeks
Package 3: Total Web MADness
All too often, websites end up as little more than an online brochure, or at best, a basic store front. Yet if you are serious about maximizing the potential of the internet for you business, then you should ensure your web presence is properly optimized. That means using the correct platforms for your needs, having the key pieces of the puzzle in place, designing your site to match your marketing strategies, and optimizing everything for better conversions.
Simple changes can have profound effects. A single change to a button colour can increase sales by over 50%, a headline change can increase conversions by up to 1200%, a change in flow can increase your list building efforts by 5000%. Of course, every business is different, and despite what many experts will try to tell you, there is no one way that is best for every business.
EthicallyMAD will create a full report of what needs to be done to maximize your online results. We will research your business model, your customers base, look at your present and future marketing plan, and design a truly clear and customized guide of exactly what to change, and why.
- Technology audit. There are many blog, website, shopping cart, email, marketing automation, and analytics platforms out there, and they are not all created equally, nor is there a 'best one' for everyone. We will look at which technologies you are using, and which you are missing, to see how you can improve your online results.
- Get in the flow. The user flow of your website can literally make or break sales. If something is not clear to a visitor they are more likely to leave than to try and figure it out. As a business owner we often think our sites flow is more obvious than others do. Guiding people through a clear process is essential in not only keeping people engaged, or making an initial sale, but it can also be used for adding additional revenue to your business. With a clear map you will avoid losing customers, and maximise sales.
- Conversions. From colours to fonts, from the layout to the words or images you use, everything can affect your conversion rates. The problem for most business owners is they rely on website designers and programmers to build their sites for them, yet rarely are these trained conversion experts. Good looking design does not always mean more sales (all too often it can have the opposite effect). You will be provided with a clear checklist of changes that should be made to increase your sites conversions. This will not only make you more money, but also allow you to spend more on advertising (and so become more competitive).
- Housekeeping. We will also make a range of recommendations that will be unique to each business. Suggestions around how you might better leverage social media (or stop wasting your time with it), or getting listed in Google Local Business search etc.. These ideas can help you really establish a solid web presence, and potentially provide you with sources of additional customers for minimal effort.
Time to complete: 10 days
Package 4: MAD Marketing Mentor
If you are looking for a bit more guidance then consider having Leon personally mentor and coach you.
Leon has served as Director of Marketing for an international online personal development company, setup and established an affiliate program for another similar business, conducted multiple six and seven figure product launches, built an online automated marketing platform (including designing the first ever drag and drop sales and email marketing funnel systems), spoken on business stages around the world, ran his own marketing seminars, authored five books on business, and helped many business owners increase their profits.
Now you can benefit from his no BS style, and have his years of knowledge and experience turned to your business. Leon will focus on your business twice a month for at least 3-4 hours. During this time he will review your business, progress made, and what should be done next. At least 1-2 hours of this time will be used for a Skype meeting with you or your team. In addition to this, you will get access to Leon between sessions via phone or email should you need any emergency advice.
- Advisor. With so many marketing options out there it can be difficult to know which to choose, and when operating a business it is easy to lose sight of the trees for the forest. Having someone that can help give you unbiased, experienced advice can prove invaluable. A single piece of good advice can easily pay for itself many times over (either in avoiding a costly mistake, or making a better decision that generates more revenue.)
- Brainstorming buddy. Even the greatest minds on the planet benefit from speaking to other great thinkers. Flaws in thinking are identified and many mistakes are avoided because of it. Ideas grow far beyond what any single individual alone can conceive (even Einstein's concepts developed thanks to conversations with other people).
- Review. Whether a marketing plan, a new sales funnel, a product idea, a mission statement, or a piece of copy, having a second set of eyes check through for weaknesses or areas of improvement can make all the difference.
- Accountability. Being held accountable is key to many business owners success. Leon will help keep you on track by working with you to create clear goals, action plans, and commitments. Accountability is key in maximizing results in the shortest possible time, and for most business owners this can be the difference between success and failure.
- Expanded network. A business is only as strong as its network. The truth is, a large percentage of success comes from who you know. From suppliers, distributors, partners, or the talent and advice you have access to, they all make a difference in your ability to succeed. Benefit from Leon's years of industry contacts, and make his expanded network part of yours.
- Support. Business is not always easy, and at times can be incredibly stressful. Having someone you can talk to who understands the stresses and difficulties you face can really help take the load off, and help you to keep going when you least feel like it.
Time to complete: 1 year
Investment: $1,500 monthly, or $15,000 annually
EthicallyMAD also offers a partnership program in which we provide marketing services in exchange for equity. This saves you the headache of raising investment funding to spend on marketing. Instead get the investment direct, and reduce your risk at the same time. For more information, visit our partners page.